The state of blu-ray burning in linux is terrible

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jul 31 13:34:04 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-07-30 at 21:53 +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> DVD and BD format compatibility is clearly only about the filesystem,
> because there is only one readable sector size with these media.

On that note, I was always of the understanding that DVD-video was
supposed (*) to use UDF, but I've only seen one disc that did, and it
wouldn't play on nearly everything I tried (even a couple of standalone
DVD players), unless I did something like run mplayer on it as root.

* _Supposed_ to be UDF, but _can_ be something else, like ISO9660.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.