/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Mar 8 18:48:18 UTC 2013

Am 08.03.2013 19:32, schrieb Patrick Dupre:
> Anyway, I was able to find a package qtiplot compiled for fedora 18.
> I would have even try to rebuild from the sources if I could fine
> compilable sources!
> If there was a straight way of doing the job, I would have do it!

man rpmbuild
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package

this is really no rocket science

i use a lot of things whiche are not available
in a RPM form BUT my rule is
* NEVER install any binary outside of RPM
* NEVER build any software as root
* NEVER call "make install" to screw my systems
* ALWAYS use rpmbuild/SPEC-Files with a dedicated user
* ALWAYS generate src.rpm packages and archive them for later

there is no single reason to act any other way
if something can not be packaged clean ina RPM
it can not be installed in a clean way at all

and this way i am able to work with a fedora setup over
many years with dist-upgrades and you can be pretty sure
any of my machin e sinstalled with F) years ago are as
clean as a fresh install because it saves me a lot of
troubles make dist-upgrades and do the cleanups and
perfection of the config/envirnonment while the machines
are in production instead start twice a year from scratch