Thunderbird does not respect the default browser setting. [SOLVED]

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Mar 9 13:29:36 UTC 2013

Am 09.03.2013 14:25, schrieb Ed Greshko:
> On 03/09/13 20:46, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
>> OK, I see the same files but they do nothing with regard to launching google-chrome from links in thunderbird.
>
> I see.....
>
> Well, my test system has multiple desktops installed.  I'd mainly run KDE and sometimes GNOME on it and I just tested and a clicked link in TBird does bring up chrome.  None of the system specific files have been altered.  So, there is a per user setting that Tbird is using.
>
> All I can tell you is this.  Running xfce....
>
> If ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list contains this....

since this list is silently supressing messages with screenshots
and i realized now that my one days ago also was supressed

all i can say is find about:config in the extended preferences and
look if there are protocol handlers for http/https and change them
to whatever you want

ANY SYSTEM-SETTING is no longer relevant if they are present

network.protocol-handler.app.http
network.protocol-handler.app.https

it is general a good idea to learn about preferences of used applications