High CPU usage, load average and system temperature

Sudhir Khanger sudhir at sudhirkhanger.com
Mon Aug 25 16:21:07 UTC 2014

Hello,

My system temperature seems to be very high these days along with CPU usage
and load average. Chrome, Eclipse, etc. seems to be misbehaving but I am not
able to pin point the problem. Chrome usage skyrockets whenever I am browsing
multimedia rich websites even like Google+ (those gifs). VLC seems also to
cause a lot of these problems.

I am posting a bunch of screenshots of top. If any of you could help me figure
out the problem that would be awesome.

http://imgur.com/bT29xZ7,BZAnXSd,RQoq3Nl,30tlOBE,fn7ubo4,yvqLFCd,i8F1XOu,GRRY39O#0

Fans are working fine. The system concerned is Thinkpad T420i. I am running
Fedora 20 KDE.

--
Sudhir Khanger,
http://sudhirkhanger.com