Secure Transactions

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 00:15:19 UTC 2014

Hi all!

I have been using Windows monitored by Norton used almost exclusively to do
on line transactions and banking. The strategy is simply that I do not use
it otherwise. Transactions only.

But then the W8 laptop Norton would not update or scan!! First attempts at
fix failed and refresh and reload – well – simply have not worked out so
far (long long story). Then the crazy windows update problems this month
have made me a bit shy to use the W7 installs I have.

So I made up some Fedora 20 flash drives to more or less imitate the basic
“used exclusively for transactions” function I was using Windows/Norton
for. So far so good! Indeed I find banking using FireFox on Fedora simply
easier to use (better fonts, colors, I think).

I am simply seeking thoughts on the basic approach, alternatives, other
things to do to make a secure transaction environment.

Thanks all!!

Tod