F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Jan 2 12:50:06 UTC 2014

On 01/01/2014 08:47 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> HI
>
> Joe Zeff wrote:
>
> "Unless things have changed since the last time I installed Fedora,
> firstboot is set to run the first time you boot after the
> installation, and that's where you're prompted to create your first
> non-root user"
>
> I don't know when the last time you checked but firstboot is not used
> in Fedora anymore.

I always do a clean install.  Firstboot is still there to do some
housekeeping, but the GUI seems to have been moved into the install
process.  Makes sense.  But all the functions that we were use to in the
firstboot GUI are still there.  So tweaking them to handle mail is a
small step.  Think about what has to be done if you check that the user
you are creating is an administrator.  Actually, that is where I think
this should go.  You want to administrate? Get ready to handle some
local mail.