DNF Doesn't Appear to Have --skip-broken

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Wed Jul 2 22:22:44 UTC 2014

On 07/02/2014 08:29 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 07/02/14 05:45, Stephen Morris wrote:
>>      I'm using Thunderbird which like Ed's is configured to send both text and html. Like Ed said there is potentially an issue at your end or Rahul's end, as further to what you are seeing when I replied to your mail Thunderbird actually generated 2 responses, which I've never seen it do before. Relative to those characters in the history, in the first line under Rahul's salutation, the first 3 extraneous characters are where I have inserted a Tab, the other instances in that text are just Spaces, so something is doing a horrible translation.
> I think I need to correct your statement......
>
> When sending to fedoraproject.org domain I have configured T-Bird to send *only* text/plain.
Just for my benefit how have you configured Thunderbird to do this? I
used to do this with Mandriva but I can't find where to do this in the
version I am using now. The only option I can see that might be close,
but it is a global option, is Options->Delivery Format which I currently
have set to Auto Detect.

> Now, in checking, =A0=C2 quoted printable does decode to Â.  If, in T-Bird, you open Rahul's message in a new window and then change "View-->Character Encoding" from UTF-8 to ISO8859-1 the  will be shown.
I have view-->Character Encoding set to Unicode and I see those
characters in Fred's Mail but not in Rahul's. I have opened Rahul's mail
in a new tab and switched the encoding to Western and i shows the
characters as you said, what I have also noticed is that in Fred's reply
there are more of those characters than what there is in Rahul's mail.
For example, in the first line under the salutation where I used a Tab,
in Rahul's mail there are 2 of the characters in question, but in Fred's
response there are 3, which makes it look like there are multiple
factors at play.

> So, I wonder why mutt is ignoring the charset=UTF-8.  I also wonder why Rahul's client is inserting the qp string.
>
> But, I don't think it is worth the time (certainly not in this thread) to take it further.
You are right, it is vastly OT for this thread.

regards,
Steve