why do we use systemd?

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 13:38:29 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 4:34 AM, lee <lee at yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> writes:
>> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 7:42 PM, lee wrote:
>>
>>> I made a bug report suggesting to fix their misunderstanding of what
>>> "disabled" means. It would have been very easy to fix, but they
>>> declined.
>>>
>>> Why should I make any further bug reports about systemd when they don't
>>> want to even fix important things like this?
>>
>> I would suggest that the misunderstanding is on your part instead as noted
>> in another reply.
>
> Please look up the meaning of "disabled" in some dictionaries and ask
> some arbitrary people what it means.

There's a difference between "disabled" and "permanently disabled"; no
need to look at a dictionary.

Did you see my earlier post about kernel module loading? [1]

A kernel module can be blacklisted but it can be loaded if need be. In
the same way:

If A depends on B and B is masked: you start A, B doesn't start and A
doesn't start.

If A depends on B and B is disabled: you start A, B starts and A starts.

[1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2014-July/451640.html