Cannot add a hard disk during fedora installation

Hsiang-Chi Kuo HSKUO at montefiore.org
Fri Jul 25 20:25:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am trying to install Fedora 20 on my new purchase computer- DELL xps 8700 (i7-4790, 16GB DDR3, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB DDR5). Computer was pre-installed with windows 8. I partitioned HD such that the unallocated HD space is 1.5TB, there is also a SSD with 30GB of unallocated space. I choose secure Boost off in BIOS to install FEDORA from DVD. However, the installation destination cannot find any available HD. There was message showing  "No disk detected".

I have used DELL's online and offline diagnosis tool to check the computer and no error was reported. I've also tried Fedora 15 and Fedora 19 but have no luck to install successfully. Anyone can comment on this and give me a hint?

Thanks,

Gary