VEry OT Ruby

Bill Oliver vendor at billoblog.com
Wed Mar 5 15:33:49 UTC 2014

On Wed, 5 Mar 2014, Roger wrote:

> Thanks billo. They are on UberGlobal shared server virtual machine, don't
> know how many static IP addresses, stacks of email addresses heaps of
> database allowance and plenty of disk space for $300 a year and get the
> greatest 24 hr email and phone support imaginable and Uber security protocol
> is world class which is why they are so strict about the original problem of
> not allowing Web frameworks and other stuff.

Ah.  So, go to a provider that doesn't provide security, and do it
yourself.  The bottom line is that there's an inverse relationship
between security and usability, and every user has to find where they
want to be on that curve.  Cotse, the place I use provides *nothing*
other than the virtual machine and a (virtual) wire to it.  Any security
is your responsibility.  That's the downside.  The upside is that you
have absolute freedom to do whatever you want within the confines of
your machine.

billo