Chrome keeps going crazy

Max maximilianobianco33 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 02:34:16 UTC 2014

On 03/30/2014 09:54 PM, John Aldrich wrote:
> I keep a half dozen tabs open in Chrome at most times, and sometimes when I
> open another tab, it seems like Chrome goes crazy and the system almost hangs.
> Usually I'm able to get to a console prompt and kill all Chrome sessions and
> things calm down for awhile. Any idea what's going on? I'm running Fedora 20
> 64-bit, XFCE/KDE. I've got 4 Gigs of RAM (I know, not a whole lot, but it's
> all that will fit on this motherboard.) The CPU is an Athlon X2 and I've got a
> GigE to my switch and a 100 Meg link to the router.
Have you tried another browser? I am using F20 XCFE 64bit but with
firefox. I have 3GB RAM. Everything runs ok. I have used Chrome in the
past with mixed results. Are those six tabs perhaps running a lot of
flash? Do you have any plugins running for Chrome? Have you tried
disabling them?

--
maximilianobianco.deviantart.com/gallery