GUI that uses RPM Groups?

Robin Laing MeSat at TelusPlanet.net
Sat Oct 18 06:01:52 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-17 20:12, Kelly Miller wrote:
> I've been wondering about this for quite some time, but my recent troubles
> with finding a good GUI installer for Fedora 20 has brought it to the
> forefront.  Why is it that none of the GUI's for yum & dnf support the old
> RPM groups?  Were they left out of yum and PackageKit or something?  And
> can someone suggest a good GUI for installing packages?  I find both Apper
> and Yumex to be lacking in package structure too much to use, in that the
> categories don't show all installable packages and to get all the packages,
> you have no choice but to show all packages, with no categorization.  And
> I'm trying to avoid having to either go through the large list of packages
> or trying to pull the list of packages I need out of my memory.

I use yumex and I have group installs.  At least yum groups.

Not sure what you are looking for in your groups.

I see that other repositories are included in the group view so

Search is very useful when I am looking for something.

Can you give an example of what you are missing from "Group install?"

--
Free, full feature astronomy program at
     http://www.stellarium.org

Free Office Suite at