Linux and Skype Video

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 27 16:35:08 UTC 2015

Allegedly, on or about 27 January 2015, Mickey sent:
> Fedora 20/KDE
>
> Can Fedora use a webcam on Skype ?

I was using Mate on Fedora 20, but it worked for me.  And with less
stuffing around than with Fedora 17, which required launching it from a
script, pasted below.  I think I may be using 32 bit OS on 20, though.
I can't remember.

#!/bin/bash
#
#  force 32 bit video for linux 1 compatiblity library for video for linux 2

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.

ZNQR LBH YBBX