FAIL: Thunderbird: Replying to thread

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Jul 29 17:53:33 UTC 2015

On 29/07/15 13:30, Greg Woods wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Rick Stevens <ricks at alldigital.com
> <mailto:ricks at alldigital.com>> wrote:
>
>     The reply _is_ in the inbox of
>     the gmail account, but without the "Unread" flag
>

> It's more than that. I use the web interface for Gmail, and messages
> from myself are not in the Inbox AT ALL, it just goes into the archive
> (All Mail).  Curiously, if I explicitly Cc: myself, then it does go to
> Inbox.
>
> I get around it the same way Ed does, but explicitly labeling mailing
> list mail. In that case, the new messages from me are not marked
> unread and do get the label for the mailing list.
>
> The original point was, this is a "feature" of Gmail, not of the
> Fedora users list.
>
> --Greg

.

Perhaps I don't understand the question but what I have always done is:

Account Settings > Copies & Folders

and then check the box:  Bcc these email addresses    [my address]

That way I always have a copy in the proper place in the thread and it
all appears logically.

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA