mouse pointer dissapeared after kde update

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jun 22 10:43:07 UTC 2015

On 06/22/15 18:35, Martín Marqués wrote:
> I'm running Fedora 22 on my laptop and yesterday I ran a yum update
> which updated quite some kde* packages (I use kde as my WM).
>
> The thing is that my mouse pointer disappeared. Mouse works, but  just
> don't know exactly where the pointer is so I end up guessing, mainly
> using the hover changes to spot where the pointer is at any moment.
>
> Pointer isn't even there when kdm comes up.
>
> Change theme for pointer doesn't work, and the .xsession-error logs
> say nothing as well as kdm.log and Xorg.*.log.
>
> On the tty terminals, pointer works fine with gpm.
>
> Any idea what could be the problem, or how to debug it?

I have 3 systems running fully updated F22 and not seeing this problem.  First, unless you made a change or had updated from a previous version of Fedora, F22/KDE users sddm as the Display Manager.

What I would do in your case is bring up "System Settings" and using the hover changing as your guide navigate to "Appearance-->Workspace Theme-->Cursor Theme" and change to a different theme to see if you get the cursor back.

--
Sorta what I want to say when folks habitually complain about Fedora - https://youtu.be/ZArl8fTfub4