mouse pointer dissapeared after kde update

Martín Marqués martin.marques at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 11:06:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

> I have 3 systems running fully updated F22 and not seeing this problem.  First, unless you made a change or had updated from a previous version of Fedora, F22/KDE users sddm as the Display Manager.

Sorry, I mistype there: I'm running Fedora 21.

All I did was a yum update.

> What I would do in your case is bring up "System Settings" and using the hover changing as your guide navigate to "Appearance-->Workspace Theme-->Cursor Theme" and change to a different theme to see if you get the cursor back.

I changed cursor theme with no help at all.

What made the cursor appear again was to logout and have kdm start again.

I'm still having other cursor problems. For example, I went back to
the cursor I had before, default cursor, but for some reason the
normal pointer changes theme when passing over different windows.

Example: I have adwaita as default, as I see it correctly, but if I
pass the pointer over gkrellm I get the cursor type I had before,
which is Eclipse.

What's wrong here?

> --
> Sorta what I want to say when folks habitually complain about Fedora - https://youtu.be/ZArl8fTfub4