Thunderbird blinking browser notice -

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 22:50:09 UTC 2015

On 06/27/2015 11:24 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
> This is Fedora 22, 64 bit, XFCE, etc. with Thunderbird 38.0.1
>
> When I click on a URL in an e-mail message it immediately starts a
> blinking browser notice at the top left. I know, I've just selected a
> URL and don't need that annoying/distracting box. It's as though I am
> being implored to go look at it immediately but I would like to
> continue reading messages before doing so.
>
> Does anyone know how to eliminate it or at the least stop the stupid
> blinking? Google hasn't helped me ...
try to use either the guest login, or create a new login & start
thunderbird with NO add-ons, to see if the problem is in your
configuration...

or try this & see if that issue happens..:

  How to start Thunderbird in Safe Mode

 1. /If Thunderbird is not running:/ Start Thunderbird in Safe Mode
    by going to your *Terminal*and running: |thunderbird -safe-mode|
    You may need to specify the Thunderbird installation path
    (e.g. /usr/lib/thunderbird).
    /If Thunderbird is already running:/ At the top of the Thunderbird
    window, click the Helpmenu, and select the Restart with Add-ons
    Disabled... menu item and then click theRestart button in the dialog
    box.

--
Paul Cartwright