Thunderbird blinking browser notice -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Jun 29 07:14:28 UTC 2015

On 28/06/15 18:50, Paul Cartwright wrote:
>> >Does anyone know how to eliminate it or at the least stop the stupid
>> >blinking? Google hasn't helped me ...
> try to use either the guest login, or create a new login & start
> thunderbird with NO add-ons, to see if the problem is in your
> configuration...
>
> or try this & see if that issue happens..:

The problem remains using a second, real not a VM, computer ...

>    How to start Thunderbird in Safe Mode
>
>   1. /If Thunderbird is not running:/ Start Thunderbird in Safe Mode
>      by going to your *Terminal*and running:|thunderbird -safe-mode|
>      You may need to specify the Thunderbird installation path
>      (e.g. /usr/lib/thunderbird).
>      /If Thunderbird is already running:/ At the top of the Thunderbird
>      window, click the Helpmenu, and select the Restart with Add-ons
>      Disabled... menu item and then click theRestart button in the dialog
>      box.

"Restart with Add-ons disabled" [Safe mode?] Makes no apparent
difference and the blinking notice is still there after Thunderbird is
closed. It is indestructible; I will have to learn to live with it! :-)

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD