No mouse in Fedora 21 -

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Wed May 20 17:52:08 UTC 2015

On 05/20/2015 10:31 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

> On 19/05/15 18:21, Rick Stevens wrote:
>>
>> Bob, if this is your Raspberry PI, then make sure you have the latest
>> firmware. I had issues with mine and a USB Wireless N network adapter.
>> It'd work on Pidora but DHCP would fail on the Ubuntu derivative (or
>> vice versa--can't recall which one had issues).
>>
>> Notes: My RPI is a B+ model (not a 2), but at least check on it. Also,
>> the Pidora version I use is based on F20.
> .
>
> "make sure you have the latest
> firmware."
>
> I believe I ran rpi-update in raspian, is the firmware stored in novram
> somewhere other than the sd card? If so that should be done.

Yes, I guess that'll do. The RPI does do things a bit differently than
a "normal" system, so there's no separate BIOS firmware really--it's
part of the rpi-update stuff.

> This is apparently the latest rpi board, the only one in the store here,
> Raspberry Pi 2 Model B 1GB per the box it came in, it was a birthday gift!
>
> I used the Fedora 21 image listed toward the end of the article:
> http://jonarcher.info/2015/02/getting-fedora-21-raspberry-pi-2/. It
> produced a working bare bones system, hence the desire to add to it.

Since your keyboard/mouse works under Raspbian but not under the Fedora
spin, I suspect the equivalent firmware patches aren't present on the
F21 beastie. When you get your new SD cards, could you try the off-the-
shelf Pidora (F20) and see if that works? If it does, then the F21 spin
you mention isn't "fully baked" yet.