[fedora-virt] Spice problem

Eric Viseur eric.viseur at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 07:40:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm currently setting up a virtualization system using Fedora 18, KVM and
Open vSwitch.  I've created and successfully integrated my OVS bridge into
libvirt.  However, if this bridge doesn't have an assigned IP address (and
it won't in production mode), I can't start any VM, with Spice complaining
with the following error :

((null):6425): Spice-Warning **:
reds.c:2977:reds_init_socket: getaddrinfo(127.0.0.1,5900): Address family
for hostname not supported
qemu-kvm: failed to initialize spice server

I don't understand from where it comes, since the local loop interface is
up.  Can anyone help me on this ?  Thanks !

Regards,

Eric Viseur