[fedora-virt] Revert Snapshots - VM Definition won't revert

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 21:21:12 UTC 2014

Hi,

I just realized that when one does revert to a previous snapshot ("start
a snapshot"), the properties of the actual virtual machine don't revert
back as they looked when the snapshot was taken.  For example (on a
powered-down VM):

- take snapshot X
- Add some hardware (a new disk)
- revert to snapshot X

At this point I would expect the recently added disk to be removed from
the VM definition (and for the qcow2 file to be deleted from disk as
well) since those weren't there when the snapshot was taken.

I think that's the correct way it should behave and thereforew, when you
revert to a snapshot,  instead of saying;

"All disk changes since the last snapshot was created will be discarded."

... it should simply say:

"All changes since the last snapshot was created will be discarded."

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Jorge