---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Subject: QA test for L10N
Date: Tuesday, 5 בJanuary 2010
From: Noriko Mizumoto <noriko(a)redhat.com>
To: Fedora Translation Project List <fedora-trans-list(a)redhat.com>, For
testers of Fedora Core development releases <fedora-test-list(a)redhat.com>
Hi translators and testers
Regarding the following task entries of F13, recently I have contacted
QA team (f-test-l) for live image creation and heard positive replies.
So I like to reopen different thread to discuss entire picture with QA
team and L10N team together. Please throw your idea and improve this
event better. If any doubt/question, pls do ask.
As you can notice, it is my bad expressing this in several way such as
'QA test for L10N', 'Review task', 'QA event' etc. What is the best to
For newer translators and testers, this event has just started since
Fedora 12. The background is that translators are usually working on PO
file only and unable to check the quality of translation how it appears
in GUI. Thus to allow translators to review translation in GUI for high
quality translation, this event has been added with FESCo approval.
* Build F-13 collection packages for all language translators
(Wed 2010-03-03 Fri 2010-03-05)
* Review and correct software translation in built UI
(Mon 2010-03-08 Tue 2010-03-16)
1. Remind devel-announce for building F13 packages with latest
translation by 2010-03-04.
2. QA team places nightly-compose of 2010-03-05 at specific location,
and make it available during review period.
3. Translators and testers start QA test (review) during 2010-03-08 and
4. Packagers fix bugs to include them into final build for GA.
I am thinking to create simple packages list with how-to-access-gui. Any
finding which needs packager's action should be reported as a bug .
Fedora-trans-list mailing list