Am Sonntag 30 Mai 2010, 13:30:10 schrieben Sie:
> > Please help me understand this issue. You are talking about the tarball
> > we release (gnumed-server.tgz). This tarball is essentially a cleaned up
> > snapshot of our GIT tree structure.
> > I assume that Fedora wants the tarball itself in a certain form with a
> > certain directory structure ?
> Its not really a requirement for a particular directory structure. It
> has more to do with which files can go where.
Do you mean the final destination of the files or do you mean the origin of
the files inside the released tarball ?
> > If this is of concern we could look into rearranging the content
> > directory structure of the tarball. However for the moment I do not see
> > any purpose except for the Fedora guideline because the packager will
> > move the file to another layout anyway.
> I can easily selectively copy the different files to the required
> locations but my concern is that whether such a trick actually work.
Let us know where they are supposed to go. What about the existing Fedora
package ? Does it copy to the wrong places ?
> found a lot of hardcodings as far as the paths of files are concerned.
I don't think there is anything hardcoded. Pretty much all is handled as long
it is in the python PATH. We need to know what files you want where.
> I am afraid that if I move the python files to the required
> directories, it might break the application.
Don't worry just let us know what you want.
> The package could also be autotoolized or atleast a makefile should be
> provided so that it is easier to configure and install.
I am not capable of either. This has been discussed back and forth. Noone on
our team has the skills and we did not see any obvious benefit.
> Looking forward to working this out.
Oh, btw, if you are filing a bugzilla request, please keep me in cc.
In the GNUmed server, there is a folder called bootstrap. It contains
a combination of shell scripts, python files and config files. Ideally
all these should not be combined in the same folder. Atleast the
Fedora packaging guidelines do not allow this. What do you suggest I
should do. Can I put the files at different places and hope that it
works or is there any other option.
Rangeen Basu Roy Chowdhury
I added a HOW TO install a veterinary management program. You can find
it to Greek's Fedora forum at
You'll understand how to install it (it's simple). Check out also the
pictures to understand the features.
I was playing with OpenEMR. I managed to install it and created a How To
in Greek. You can understand what I do using the commands.
I used both Fedora's MySQLl/PHP/Apache (first post) and XAMPP (forth
post) and it worked with both.
You can find it here:
I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of
GNUmed 0.7.0 (server v13).
Packages are available through OpenSUSE build service for OpenSUSE, Fedora and
The database, as usual, needs to be upgraded to v13. The
previous v12 version will remain untouched so in case of
problems one can just go back until fixed.
This release features a rather unexpected new functionality:
visual progress notes. Those are sketches/images (such as
visual markers onto templates or clinical photographs)
standing side by side with the clinical narrative of any
Translations have seen a big improvement, particularly Dutch.
Several major inconsistencies have been solved, particularly
around switching encounters on a patient and the dreaded
Edit Area layout issue.
Here is the Changelog:
- new: manage diagnostic orgs
- new: manage date of death per patient
- new: manage discontinuation of substance intake
- new: turn substance intake entry into allergy
- new: hooks
- hook after_test_result_modified
- new: visual progress notes
- new: initial support for FreeDiams drug database frontend including
- new: commandline option --ui=<web/wxp> with rudimentary CherryPy
- new: show list of all configuration settings
- new: configurable web search for test type from test result edit
- new: systemwide/user-level optional shutdown scripts invoked from
- new: Centor/McIsaac-Score as keyword expansions
- new: man pages for backup scripts
- new: partial Catalan translation
- improved: login dialag:
- hint about local DB on failure
- do not show password ;-)
- improved: show allergies in substance intake edit area
- improved: warn on creating database users with empty passwords
- improved: default region/country for new-person creation
- improved: show lab name/contact details in measurement tooltip
- improved: always use new person creation rather than old
- improved: placeholders:
- improved: various typos
- improved: do not fail if unable to show part when adding documents
- improved: cleaner/faster display of documents in tree, and sorted,
- improved: ARRIBA is now v2.0.4
- improved: using Git for SCM now
- improved: gnumed.py now directly under client/
- improved: startup size will never go beyond screen size/below
- improved: Dutch translation
- improved: use per-engine wildcards on form template selection
The full git log is appended.
Please report any bugs you manage to find !
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD 4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346