FAD Goals and deliverables

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 11 17:18:41 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 1:28 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As we get closer to the FAD we need to nail down the deliverables and what we
> want to achieve by the end of the FAD.  I am going to list some of the things
> I think we need to have done. feel free to discuss and add things.  at the ned
> we will update the wiki with the deliverables.

+1

> 1) working pungi 4.

I'm curious what all this entails? I was thinking we should try to at
least make some notes on success criteria, requirements for what
pungi4 will bring to the table, etc. for a couple reasons 1) Just to
have for posterity  ... 2) For newcomers looking from the outside to
have perspective on what exactly pungi4 is and what improvements at a
high level it will bring.

> 2) integrated ability to make atomic installer and pxe to live in pungi
> 3) mash ported to createrepo_c
> 4) rawhide looking like a TC/RC
> 5) bodhi2 able to trigger atomic installer and pxe to live as part of the
> update push process.
> 6) livemedia-creator koji integration
> 7) koji able to manage the url line in kickstarts so that we can do real
> builds
> 8) run-root plugin configured
> 9) Secondary arches working exactly teh same as primary
> 10) port pungi to dnf
> 11) make headway and plan to port to python 3
>
> Before the FAD, we need to work with infrastructure and have a plan for the
> support of pagure for git repo hosting.

Another thing I would like to do is try and sort out requirements of
the stage koji environment so that it can be something we have at our
disposal for the FAD in whatever capacity everyone feels it is needed
and would be useful. There was a thread started about it in the
Infrastructure list by nirik[0] but didn't seem to get too far, I was
hoping mentioning it here would bring some attention to it.

-AdamM

[0] - https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/infrastructure/2015-April/016121.html