On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 9:38 PM Karl Li <karl(a)omjii.com> wrote:
I noticed that on a pine64-pro board running aarch64 Fedora 32, ethernet is broken with
the latest set of patches installed through dfn update. To reproduce:
1. Download the latest Fedora-Minimal-32-1.6.aarch64.raw.xz image from the Fedora
alternate architectures page
2. Flash the image to an SD card using 'arm-image-installer
--image=Fedora-Minimal-32-1.6.aarch64.raw.xz --media=[sd card here]
3. Boot the pine64-pro board from the SD card like usual, set up new account, etc.
Do you mean Pine64+ board? There's no pine64 pro that I'm aware of.
It's the board based on the Allwinner a64 SoC?
4. At this point, ethernet should work. Run 'dnf update',
install latest patches, reboot
5. Upon reboot, ethernet no longer works
Has anyone else run into this or have some possible hints?
If it's the Pine64+ I think it's due to the following upstream fix for
the realtek phy, which in turn looks like it's uncovered a bunch of
issues that were obstructed by the first bug.