I was thinking about future of Mock and I would like to share my thought with you:
* This year will be EOLed RHEL5. Despite that I would like to keep RHEL5 configs for maybe an additional year. I.e.
support RHEL5 as build target.
* On the other hand - I'm thinking about ending support for RHEL6 as host platform. I.e. no longer build new mock
version for RHEL6. But still have RHEL6 config, so users can build their SRPM for RHEL6. This will allow me to get rid
of some compatibility workarounds and use --new-chroot everywhere (as RHEL6 does not have systemd-nspawn).
* Make --new-chroot default. Did you tested it? Do you have cases when it does not work? Please report it. I plan to
keep --old-chroot option for some time (definitely for this year).
* Check gpg signatures in rawhide. See https://pagure.io/releng/issue/6600
I welcome any comments.
I just released new mock. The auto-karma is off again. And I will push it to stable only if there is no big issue.
From the release notes https://github.com/rpm-software-management/mock/wiki/Release-Notes-1.4.2
There are new features:
* The bootstrap feature is now disabled by default. There were too many issues with it. You can enable it locally with
`--bootstrap-chroot`, but first see knows
* There is initial support for Fedora Modularity. You can add to config:
config_opts['module_enable'] = ['list', 'of', 'modules']
config_opts['module_install'] = ['module1/profile', 'module2/profile']
This will call `dnf module enable list of modules` and `dnf module install module1/profile module2/profile` during the
There are some bugfixes:
* NSpawn chroot is switched off for EL6 targets [[RHBZ#1456421](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1456421)].
* LVM root is not umounted when `umount_root` is set to false
* Shell in NSpawn container is now called with `--login` so `profile.d` scripts are executed
* yum rather then yum-deprecated is used when using bootstrap chroot
* Custom chroot does not use bootstrap [[RHBZ#1448321](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1448321)]
* Mock now use `dnf repoquery` instead of repoquery for chroots which uses DNF.
* LVM's scrub hook for bootstrap chroot is called [[RHBZ#1446297](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1446297)]
* `--mount` will mount LVM volumes [[RHBZ#1448017](https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1448017)]
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Senior Software Engineer, #brno, #devexp, #fedora-buildsys