Hey, JFYI, we enabled F31 chroots yesterday in Fedora Copr.
The process was surprisingly slow, and a lot of things didn't work
properly during the process. Sorry for that, we'll take a look on how to
minimize the problems for the next runs.
One warning on F31 chroots in copr! The F31 has Python 3.7, while rawhide
has Python 3.8. Since we enabled the F31 chroot pretty late in Copr -
after Python 3.8 landed rawhide - it might happen that you rebuilt your
package against 3.8, and it got later copied into F31 chroot (with the
rest of the packages). If this happened to you, you have non-installable
package in repo.
It is hard hard to work-around now (rebuild is needed), if you have
serious troubles with rebuilding - let us know, we can remove the packages
manually from repositories.
Again, sorry for inconvenience, and happy building!
recently (on Aug 1, 2019) a new major Copr release landed production.
Here is the list of visible/important changes:
- copr-rpmbuild was simplified, which though brings some incompatible
changes for external users:
- added pinned projects feature, so your important projects don't get lost
- security, webhook builds do not share builder machines with normal builds
(submitted by authorized users)
- status pages (running/pending/importing) have been updated, items there
are properly sorted: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/status/running/
- fixed a bug when build was marked "succeeded" even before it actually
started (issue 668)
- modular builds now respect the module platform (issue 606), and are
correctly ordered according to defined build batches
- we changed the repo ID format so it now contains copr hostname; this
change was needed to support multiple copr instances at the same time
on client boxes
- individual users can request permissions in group projects (issue 778)
- API call ordering was fixed so --with-latest-succeeded-build works
as expected (rhbz#1717506)
- group administrators can now fully administrate (even delete) the groups
- temporary projects: previously we automatically removed the projects,
but we forgot to remove the build data (RPMs in DNF repositories), this
has been fixed now
- RSS feed link added in bottom of the front page
- we run createrepo right after project is created, so the DNF repository
is created as soon as possible (issue 833)
- builder-live.log is compressed to save storage
- copr-messaging python module released, should be used for consuming (and
sending) copr messages: https://copr-messaging.rtfd.io
- problems with repo downloads using librepo() seem to be resolved (random
build failures in certain times), consider giving +1
There will be an outage starting at:
$ date -d '2019-08-01 05:00 UTC'
which will last approximately 2 hours.
Reason for outage
Upgrade of copr packages on Copr servers, to get in bug-fixes and
copr-frontend - https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org
copr-backend - https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/
Though yum/dnf repositories (backend part, consumed by 'dnf copr enable ...')
should stay available during this outage.
Please join #fedora-admin in irc.freenode.net or add comments to the ticket for
this outage above.
Sorry for inconvenience,