My name is Sergio Belkin I maintain UpTools package. That package has
a License that has 4 clauses and because of that I get confused and
labeld as "BSD with advertising". But a closer read of "BSD with
makes to understand that is the License that we are using is not "BSD
with advertising". Anyway I wonder if even that has 4 clauses it's a
"BSD" license. I've found that cyrus-sasl has the same license and its
license it was as "BSD" but maintainer changed the tag License, surely
because of a bug I reported.
But again, seeing more deeply it doesn't seem "BSD with advertising".
In short: Please could you tell me if the following License can be
tagged as "BSD" i.e. BSD License (no advertising)
/* UpTools v8.5
* Copyright (c) 2005-2011 Fundacion Universidad de Palermo (Argentina).
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
* the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
* 3. Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its
* contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
* from this software without specific prior written permission.
* 4. Redistributions of any form whatsoever must retain the following
* acknowledgment: 'This product includes software developed by the
* "Universidad de Palermo, Argentina" (http://www.palermo.edu/).'
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
* "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
* LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
* A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT
* HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
* SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED
* TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
* PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
* LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
* NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
* SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
(End of License)
Thanks in advance
Sergio Belkin http://www.sergiobelkin.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org