On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:38:55 -0700
Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger(a)gmail.com> wrote:
Since we've been paring down unused services in infrastructure
recently, I'm inclined to wait for a need to arise/the translation
community to ask for a new service before deploying something new.
While theoretically someone in infrastructure could step forward to
sponsor a zanata testing instance onto publictest boxes, it doesn't
seem like a good use of time unless it addresses some need within
Some additional thoughts:
* We do not have any other jboss applications, so this would be all new
to us, additionally, I don't think any of our main sysadmins have too
much jboss experence. Maven, java and other parts of this are all
things we do not currently run, so would be increasing the burden on
all of us.
* It's not clear to me that everything is packaged up in a way we
require. I'm sure there are jboss rpms, but is everything else
* I would really like to see a consensus from the fedora translation
groups that this is something they would like to persue. We have had
a long and happy cooperation with the transifex folks, and it would
be good to discuss any issues with them to see if they can be solved.
* asking translators to move to another completely new setup seems
difficult when they just moved to transifex.net
(all be it similar
So, I really think the next steps here are to talk with transifex.net
folks and the fedora translation community and see if there are issues
that cannot be solved that this move would help with.