* Richard Fontana:
In response to this thread I added the 2017 IEEE license to the
License Data repository a few weeks ago giving it "not-allowed"
Sorry, I had missed that.
So as to what to do,
> Should we remove content that uses this updated IEEE license from Fedora?
The assumption here is that this covers some material in man pages and
that man pages are properly classified as 'documentation'.
So, I think the options are:
* Remove whatever is covered by the updatd IEEE license from Fedora
man-pages: Contains contents under a not-allowed license
* try to convince IEEE to change the license (given that IEEE had an
acceptable license in the past this seemed like a possibility)
* someone can argue that a special usage exception should be applied
to some uses of this license
* someone can argue that classifying this license as 'not-allowed' is
wrong under current policy
* someone can argue that the current policy should be changed
Many of the manual pages are redundant with the community-maintained
ones. Another option could be to fill the gaps instead. 8-)