Hello packagers & devs,
we have just deployed a new release of COPR eco-system. The changes made
are mainly internal but should help to solve some issues we have been
tackling recently. The most important upgrades are:
1) copr-dist-git service is now parallel ("multi-process"). That means that
if there is a problem with a job import, the other jobs won't be blocked.
Also we added import-job timing out so if import gets stuck, it doesn't get
2) Waiting-queue logic has been rewritten. I believe there will be not much
of a perceived performance improvement but we managed to cut the relevant
code length almost by half and simplify some bits.
3) We have fixed appstream meta-data building - a bug that also influenced
forking. When a project was forked the rpm re-signing process kept looping.
Other actions were blocked by this. Hence, in addition to fix the root
cause (the meta-data building), we also needed to fix the forking logic to
handle the errors better.
4) We have introduced a first bits of support for modularity
So that's it. I hope COPR will serve you well.