On Mon, 18 May 2015 14:58:49 -0400
Josh Boyer <jwboyer(a)fedoraproject.org> wrote:
On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin(a)scrye.com>
> On Mon, 18 May 2015 10:50:56 -0400
> Josh Boyer <jwboyer(a)fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Hi Infrastructure,
> Hello. :)
>> As part of the on-going Council updates, I'm organizing a Fedora
>> Engineering update. This includes the various WGs, rel-eng,
>> infrastructure, and a few others. The idea behind this is to give
>> a brief update of the work your group is doing towards the F23 and
>> F24 releases. Think of this as a 5-10 minute "lightning talk" of
>> the highlights you want to see in those releases.
>> The meeting is July 7th. It would be excellent if you could have a
>> volunteer present the update for your group and stay around to
>> answer any questions. Worst case, please gather the information
>> and send it to me and I can do the overview, but representation
>> from the group is clearly preferred.
>> If you have questions, please let me know. The idea and format are
>> somewhat new, so we'll work through this as best we can.
> Sure, I can put something together (with help from others).
So, I am going to be out next week, then this is the following week, so
I thought I would work a bit on it today and ask people to chime in
while I am gone so we can hopefully have everything collected in time
for me to present on the 7th. ;)
So, here's my outline of items to mention/talk about. I've divided them
into 4 areas: "asap" "f23" "f24" and "longer
asap - items we are hoping to do very soon/before f23 really gets
going too much:
* mailman3 rollout (some few lists migrated, some bugs to fix before we
do the rest)
* bodhi2 rollout (almost set in staging).
f23 - Things in the f23 cycle, may need to be done outside of freezes.
* secondary arch pulled into infrastructure (s390/ppc/aarch64).
* pilot app using containers/atomic/new tech.
* finish migrating to new cloud, retire old, make more use of new.
* mediawiki migration to new LTS version
* finish puppet -> ansible migration (15 hosts left right now)
* mostly finish el6->el7 migrations
f24 - Things to do in the f24 cycle.
* Have enough info to see if Red Hat Storage might be viable for us
moving forward, try pilot.
* finish el6 -> el7 migration.
* fas3 and a plan if we can move to freeipa/etc or need to start on
longer term - things for f25+
* There may someday be a datacenter move, I am planning on having plans
and what parts we can move when written up before that happens so we
can be ready.
* 2fa for web apps and command line stuff?
So, what did I miss and when should it be in this list?