On Thu, 27 Sep 2012, Matthew Miller wrote:
I launched a F17 instance in our Eucalyptus system.
It works. (Awesome!)
I have not done anything to try and break it. Let me know if I should. :)
break away, if you'd like.
Here's what I've been doing to break the clouds.
1. running ftbfs on euca with 8 (now 5 :() instances
- this succeeded in exercising libvirt enough to break it on one NC - I
have assurances from euca folks that this is being addressed in 3.1.2
due out 'soon'?
2. runnning ftbfs on openstack with 8 instances
- this succeeded in showing up really bad disk slowness on openstack.
Compiling packages was less than half the speed as on euca for the same
pile of pkgs. I let it run for 3 days and it had done less than half the
pkgs that euca had compiled in the same time.
3. running tiobench and bonnie++ on the ephemeral and volume-backed space
on openstack to find out what's going on and if it is gluster-backing the
os or _something else_ going on