skamath added a new comment to an issue you are following:
After discussing this idea with bee2502 , we decided to split the idea based on the
priority of tasks :
Custom statscache plugins for metrics
Which all plugins?
As mentioned earlier, some of the plugins required would be :
* Stats by FAS group : We need to be able to generate statistics of a FAS group as a
whole. This can be used to generate reports of a SIG/group easily when necessary.
* Stats by badge : This can be useful while generating event reports. This plugin needs to
find all the recipients of, say badge X and should show activity of the users, given the
* FAS Account trends : This plugin will be really useful to track the new comer trends to
Fedora. This can also help CommOps/Join track newcomer retention rates. Please take a look
at Slide 6 of the presentation  by @bee2502 for more information on this.
Also, we should be integrating the stats required by @mattdm, as mentioned by you on the
Post event metrics from badges.
Metrics for FAS groups.
Integrate fedora-stats-tool into statscache?
Ability to generate weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly reports.
Ability to export statistics in different formats.
A nice web interface for generating the statistics (using Flask/Bottle? )
An interface for displaying the stats in statscache already exists. Is the plan to build
project specific dashboard here on top of statscache?
Yes, but IMO the interface is really basic and needs some work. We can either build a
dashboard on top of the statscache or revamp statscache to include interactive features
such as filtering by date, ability to generate graphs, etc.
Automatic statistics generation and storage.
Can you elaborate this?
Sorry for not elaborating on that one. By that, I meant the ability to export the metrics
in different formats for using it elsewhere.
Deploy the final deliverable on infracloud.
Why deploy it to infracloud rather production?
If the project is ready for production this summer, we can definitely go ahead and deploy
it to production. If not, we can host it on commops Infracloud for testing it.
The plan seems too abstract to me. Can write a detail write of the
implementation on what/how are you planning?
From what I see, the following should should be the action plan :
* Figure out how statscache codebase can be expanded to accomodate the new requirements.
* Tweak/Add modules to statscache
* Revamp the statscache interface.
* Write the required plugins required for statistics.
* Add interactivity to the interface. ( This can either be a direct around statscache or a
separate dashboard for the project build on top of statscache).
@sayanchowdhury Your thoughts on this? :)
To reply, visit the link below or just reply to this email