dnf has issues at honoring conditional levels written on comps.xml.
As a result, some packages will not be installed by either anaconda or
livemedia build system.
I have already submitted a bug report on the subject  but it was too
deep to fix for Fedora 24.
By the time of applying the workaround, the freeze was in the process
and the suggested change to manually update the kickstart and some
comps.xml came too late. That was the case with Design Suite and
surprisingly other groups. Currently, the document from fedora-comps
fails to take account that problem caused by dnf.
Now the focus is for Fedora 25, will be fix come in time so such problem
will not occur again?
Graphic & Web Designer
#fedora-meeting: FESCO (2016-07-01)
Meeting started by paragan at 16:01:02 UTC. The full logs are available
* init process (paragan, 16:01:02)
* Next week's chair (paragan, 16:11:17)
* jsmith will chair for next week meeting (2016-07-08) (paragan,
* Open Floor (paragan, 16:13:55)
* no quorum today, postpone meeting to next week (paragan, 16:14:48)
Meeting ended at 16:15:41 UTC.
Action Items, by person
People Present (lines said)
* paragan (19)
* zodbot (8)
* jsmith (7)
* kalev (3)
* number80 (2)
* sgallagh (0)
* nirik (0)
* jwb (0)
* maxamillion (0)
* dgilmore (0)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
= Proposed Self Contained Change: Erlang 19 =
* Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov(a)gmail.com>
* Fedora Erlang SIG <erlang(a)lists.fedoraproject.org>
* Randy Barlow <rbarlow(a)fedoraproject.org>
* Jeremy Cline <jcline(a)fedoraproject.org>
== Detailed Description ==
Upgrade Erlang to version 19 which brings a lot of good stuff. Just a few
* A new state machine behavior - gen_statem.
* An experimental plugin to mnesia which allows using expernal storage
solutions (leveldb, for example) - mnesia_ext.
* Cryptographic functions speedups.
* Even better dirty NIF schedulers .
* Experimental support for Unix Domain Sockets which opens a door for native
Journald, systemd-notify, D-Bus implementations.
Aside from this, we plan to improve quality of Erlang and related packages.
These are shortcomings we want to address:
* We should enable so-called dirty NIF scheduler  which is still disabled
* Every daemon written in Erlang has its own logging solution which doesn't
use neither syslog nor Journald. We should start switching them to Journald.
* We should add ability to use D-Bus via erlang-dbus library.
* Further improve Erlang Packaging Guidelines .
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
** Upgrade Erlang to the latest version (19.0.1) .
** We must rebuild every package which requires NIF or Driver version (listed
below in the [[#Dependencies|Dependencies]] section) against Erlang 19.x.y.
** Every Erlang daemon's systemd unit must require epmd.socket.
** Consider allowing EPMD implementation switching. Erlang is about choice!
** We need to fill new review request for erlang-ejournald 
*** We have to fill new review request for erlang-lager_journald_backend 
** We need to fill new review request for erlang-dbus 
** Add another default directory to look for Erlang *.beam files.
** Upgrade outdated packages:
*** Riak 
**** Riak has has been retired. We have to re-add it back.
* Other developers: N/A
* Release engineering: N/A
* Policies and guidelines:
** We should promote officially Erlang Packaging Guidelines .
= Proposed Self Contained Change: Zend Framework 3 =
* Remi Collet <remi at fedoraproject dot org> and PHP SIG
== Detailed Description ==
See upstream annoucement: Zend Framework 3 Released! 
The Zend Framework is a huge set of ~60 components. The framework version
defines a minimal set of components, and their minimal version.
Version 3 is recommend for PHP 7.0  which is also part of Fedora 25.
Updated packages: (12 major versions)
* php-zendframework: 3.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-code: 3.0.3
* php-zendframework-zend-crypt: 3.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-eventmanager: 3.0.1
* php-zendframework-zend-hydrator: 2.2.1
* php-zendframework-zend-json: 3.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-math: 3.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc: 3.0.1
* php-zendframework-zend-router: 3.0.2
* php-zendframework-zend-servicemanager: 3.1.0
* php-zendframework-zend-stdlib: 3.0.1
* php-zendframework-zend-test: 3.0.1
Updated Dependencies (4 major versions)
* php-di: 5.3.0
* php-ocramius-code-generator-utils: 0.4.0
* php-ocramius-generated-hydrator: 2.0.0
* php-ocramius-proxy-manager: 2.0.0
New packages (12)
* php-zendframework-zend-json-server: 3.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc-console: 1.1.0
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc-form: 1.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc-i18n: 1.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc-plugins: 1.0.1
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc-plugin-fileprg 1.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc-plugin-flashmessenger: 1.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc-plugin-prg 1.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc-plugin-identity: 1.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-servicemanager-di: 1.1.0
* php-zendframework-zend-stratigility: 1.2.1
* php-zendframework-zend-xml2json: 3.0.0
Some additional optional components can be added later (especially the
expressive new micro framework, another set of ~10 new components).
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners: Update packages and create new for additional components
* Other developers: Test their applications
* Release engineering: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- List of deliverables: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
I submitted a bugzilla report with a patch that implements an
improvement of the hadoop package in Fedora, extending the current
incomplete Fedora integration patch that only supports ix86 and x86_64
to more architectures. The maintainer is unwilling to apply it, but
says that if a proven packager would apply it he would be extatic.
Since I am not a proven packager myself, I am looking for one that can
perform this task.