#fedora-meeting: FESCO (2016-07-01)
Meeting started by paragan at 16:01:02 UTC. The full logs are available
* init process (paragan, 16:01:02)
* Next week's chair (paragan, 16:11:17)
* jsmith will chair for next week meeting (2016-07-08) (paragan,
* Open Floor (paragan, 16:13:55)
* no quorum today, postpone meeting to next week (paragan, 16:14:48)
Meeting ended at 16:15:41 UTC.
Action Items, by person
People Present (lines said)
* paragan (19)
* zodbot (8)
* jsmith (7)
* kalev (3)
* number80 (2)
* sgallagh (0)
* nirik (0)
* jwb (0)
* maxamillion (0)
* dgilmore (0)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
= Proposed Self Contained Change: Erlang 19 =
* Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov(a)gmail.com>
* Fedora Erlang SIG <erlang(a)lists.fedoraproject.org>
* Randy Barlow <rbarlow(a)fedoraproject.org>
* Jeremy Cline <jcline(a)fedoraproject.org>
== Detailed Description ==
Upgrade Erlang to version 19 which brings a lot of good stuff. Just a few
* A new state machine behavior - gen_statem.
* An experimental plugin to mnesia which allows using expernal storage
solutions (leveldb, for example) - mnesia_ext.
* Cryptographic functions speedups.
* Even better dirty NIF schedulers .
* Experimental support for Unix Domain Sockets which opens a door for native
Journald, systemd-notify, D-Bus implementations.
Aside from this, we plan to improve quality of Erlang and related packages.
These are shortcomings we want to address:
* We should enable so-called dirty NIF scheduler  which is still disabled
* Every daemon written in Erlang has its own logging solution which doesn't
use neither syslog nor Journald. We should start switching them to Journald.
* We should add ability to use D-Bus via erlang-dbus library.
* Further improve Erlang Packaging Guidelines .
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
** Upgrade Erlang to the latest version (19.0.1) .
** We must rebuild every package which requires NIF or Driver version (listed
below in the [[#Dependencies|Dependencies]] section) against Erlang 19.x.y.
** Every Erlang daemon's systemd unit must require epmd.socket.
** Consider allowing EPMD implementation switching. Erlang is about choice!
** We need to fill new review request for erlang-ejournald 
*** We have to fill new review request for erlang-lager_journald_backend 
** We need to fill new review request for erlang-dbus 
** Add another default directory to look for Erlang *.beam files.
** Upgrade outdated packages:
*** Riak 
**** Riak has has been retired. We have to re-add it back.
* Other developers: N/A
* Release engineering: N/A
* Policies and guidelines:
** We should promote officially Erlang Packaging Guidelines .
= Proposed Self Contained Change: Zend Framework 3 =
* Remi Collet <remi at fedoraproject dot org> and PHP SIG
== Detailed Description ==
See upstream annoucement: Zend Framework 3 Released! 
The Zend Framework is a huge set of ~60 components. The framework version
defines a minimal set of components, and their minimal version.
Version 3 is recommend for PHP 7.0  which is also part of Fedora 25.
Updated packages: (12 major versions)
* php-zendframework: 3.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-code: 3.0.3
* php-zendframework-zend-crypt: 3.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-eventmanager: 3.0.1
* php-zendframework-zend-hydrator: 2.2.1
* php-zendframework-zend-json: 3.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-math: 3.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc: 3.0.1
* php-zendframework-zend-router: 3.0.2
* php-zendframework-zend-servicemanager: 3.1.0
* php-zendframework-zend-stdlib: 3.0.1
* php-zendframework-zend-test: 3.0.1
Updated Dependencies (4 major versions)
* php-di: 5.3.0
* php-ocramius-code-generator-utils: 0.4.0
* php-ocramius-generated-hydrator: 2.0.0
* php-ocramius-proxy-manager: 2.0.0
New packages (12)
* php-zendframework-zend-json-server: 3.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc-console: 1.1.0
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc-form: 1.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc-i18n: 1.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc-plugins: 1.0.1
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc-plugin-fileprg 1.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc-plugin-flashmessenger: 1.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc-plugin-prg 1.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-mvc-plugin-identity: 1.0.0
* php-zendframework-zend-servicemanager-di: 1.1.0
* php-zendframework-zend-stratigility: 1.2.1
* php-zendframework-zend-xml2json: 3.0.0
Some additional optional components can be added later (especially the
expressive new micro framework, another set of ~10 new components).
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners: Update packages and create new for additional components
* Other developers: Test their applications
* Release engineering: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- List of deliverables: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
I submitted a bugzilla report with a patch that implements an
improvement of the hadoop package in Fedora, extending the current
incomplete Fedora integration patch that only supports ix86 and x86_64
to more architectures. The maintainer is unwilling to apply it, but
says that if a proven packager would apply it he would be extatic.
Since I am not a proven packager myself, I am looking for one that can
perform this task.