Hello Fedora developers and maintainers,
Apache Cassandra is a free and open-source distributed NoSQL database written in Java, we
have a package since Fedora 27, I am a maintainer for about a year with a help of Augusto
Caringi, but currently we dont have enought capacity to keep it up-to-date.
State in Fedora:
- older Cassandra version 3.11.1 with backported fix for CVE-2018-8016 from 3.11.2
- generally working, no issues in Bugzilla
- 2 main packages are cassandra(client tools) and cassandra-server(database server)
- removed Thrift interface
We also have docker container, software collection and tests.
Current goal is to update Cassandra to 3.11.3 version. This is not that easy because of
Thrift API, there are 2 ways:
1. rebase patch which removes Thrift interface, it is not trivial, the patch is quite big
and touch almost everything
2. package missing dependencies for Thrift interface
Nice to have:
- dnf module
- SELinux policy
If you have any questions or you are interested, do not hessitate to contact me.
More about how to use Cassandra in Fedora:
RH - Brno - TPB-C