some topics to consider / discuss:
I performed some testing with F36 and found:
SW raid on MBR works fine, in a raid 1 I could put off either of the disks and the system
SW raid on GPT doesn’t work as already stated. There is a bug report for it. So nothing to
do at the moment.
I performed some testing with F36 and UEFI boot and SW raid. It doesn’t work as we already
guessed. For a user, the error is similar to the one with GPT and Biosboot. I will create
a test description as an issue for this.
Based on our experience with the GPT discussion, it would make sense to also create a
Bugzilla entry at the same time. Do we want to do that now, or rather wait until the
GPT/biosboot problem is solved, in order not to risk even more confusion after all?
We had some discussion to create a universal boot configuration combining GPT/biosboot and
I think, it is too late to make the move for F37 anyway. But do we want do discuss that
topic now for F38 or do we want to wait until the aforementioned issues are resolved and
discuss it together with the planned review of our installation media (see #88
I would like to discuss the latter 2 topics now and find an agreement how to proceed. And
then we should do our best to proceed together as agreed.