Proposal: Continuation of the ongoing discussion on PRD Update and New Documentation.
PRD Update 1.5 round of discussion
1. PRD Update Section 3: Fedora Server Mission
- Proposal: Change the ordering, first user, second developer
- Comment 1: Wording about developers sounds like testing distribution
- Comment 2: (about users) Odd wording „provision of digital service“ and „available at short notice“
- ‚Wanted‘: Native speaker, who is willing to revise the wording
2. PRD Update Section 4: Market Opportunity
- First paragraph
- Comment 1: Wording
- Comment 2: Wording, too long sentence
- Second paragraph:
- Comment: Wording, unclear which improvement
- Third paragraph:
- Comment: mostly redundant, not enough additional information, probably scrap?
- Needed: Who is willing to revise the wording (native speaker)?
3. PRD Update Section 6: Server Edition Objectives & 6.1 Additional Obj.
- No comments yet
- Decide about
- Arguments OK?
- Arguments missing?
- Proposal: 6 and 6.1 combine into one item
- Needed: Native speaker willing to revise the wording?
4. New Documentation: menue items?
- Something missing? / something superfluous?
- Decision to make: Intended menu structure
- Any ideas / comments to the existing drafts / collection of content ideas
5. New Documentation: how/when going online?
- Decision proposal: going online / Publication with a minimal
but self-sustaining partial content and subsequent gradual completion
- Decision: minimal content to start with:
- Landing Page
- Virtualization (Overview)
- Add Virtualization Support
- Container (Overview)
6. New Documentation: landing page proposal
- Arguments valid?
- Native speaker to revise the wording?
7. Open Floor
Hello dear all,
I have problem for instalation FreeIPA server with public signature certificate.
Used this command:
ipa-server-install --external-ca --realm ISKRATEL.MK --domain iskratel.mk --hostname ipa.iskratel.mk --ca-subject='CN=*.iskratel.mk'
ipa-server-install --external-cert-file=/root/cert/STAR_iskratel_mk.crt --external-cert-file=/root/cert/My_CA_Bundle.ca-bundle.crt
The STAR_iskratel_mk.crt certificate is a wildcard on *.iskratel.mk. ( Issuer: Sectigo RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA, Sectigo Limited Write review of Sectigo )
The My_CA_Bundle.ca-bundle.crt certificate is a composed of server.crt + intermediate.crt + root_CA.crt ( Sectigo RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA + USERTrust RSA Certification Authority + AAA Certificate Services )
And get this error message:
ipapython.admintool: ERROR CA certificate CN=AAA Certificate Services,O=Comodo CA Limited,L=Salford,ST=Greater Manchester,C=GB in /root/cert/STAR_iskratel_mk.crt, /root/cert/chain.crt is not valid: not a CA certificate
Full error log link: https://easyupload.io/auy0a8
I used this version:
Freeipa version: VERSION: 4.6.8
OS: CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009
**Hello my friends**
You have created a website. My own and I tried to do some maintenance to make it fast and get rid of codes that reduce the speed
But I get all these modifications I have also found There are still problems. Can someone help me to identify the cause of the problem?
I don’t know if this is the right place, but I want to learn by myself. Thank you
This is the website link
Thanks to copperi and sgallagh we made a remarkable progress with documentation.
We have now a docs git repository as part auf our Fedora Server repo (https://pagure.io/fedora-server). Stephen created the administrative requirements, Jan did the setup and I finally added some content.
Currently we have a complete navigation tree as suggested. For 3 pages there is a first draft of the intended final content, for several others a collection of ideas on possible content and the rest are placeholders.
To have a complete look, you have to have a working git and to clone the repro. Included are some scripts, which allow a local build accessible via http://localhost:8080
You can make modifications, addition etc. All details are documented. It works with Fedora and MacOS.
Unfortunately we have currently no public preview. For those of us lazy people who don't want to go through the trouble of a local build and would rather have a quick look first, I have created a preview on one of my servers:
Access ist protected.
Don't be shy. Comment, make suggestions, correct content here on the mailing list.
And we need collaborators for for proofreading, technical checking, native speakers to revise wording, not just authors.