On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 9:55 PM Samuel Sieb <samuel(a)sieb.net> wrote:
I think I found the answer to this. I ran into the same problem with
simple custom proxy. Starting in F30, the repo uses zchunk. This means
that dnf requests lots of byte ranges. If the proxy doesn't support
this, then librepo fails. According to the http specs, a client MUST
support getting more (or less) data than asked for when requesting
ranges. However, librepo does not. I'm about to file a bug for this.
The easiest solution for you would be to disable zchunk for dnf on that
system. The reason it works after a clean all is that it doesn't have
the metadata file to update, so it downloads the whole thing instead of
parts of it.
That appears to be effective. I added zchunk=False to
/etc/dnf/dnf.conf and there was no failure after that today. It was
failing pretty regularly before, so I bet it's fixed for me.
Thanks for that. Nice catch.