The UAPI group, a community for people with an interest in innovating
how we build, deploy, run, and update modern security-focused Linux
operating systems, will host a devroom at FOSDEM 2023.
A "devroom" (a FOSDEM term) is a co-located mini-conference with its
own separate track.
FOSDEM is a free event for software developers to meet, share ideas
It takes place on February 4 and 5 at the ULB Solbosch Campus in
Learn more at https://fosdem.org/2023/
Our half-day devroom will open on Saturday morning and close at noon.
Drop in for talks on Image-based Linux and secure / attestable systems,
and for a chat with UAPI folks.
Call for Participation
We are looking for your talk proposals!
Talks are 20 minutes, on-site.
CfP deadline is Saturday, Dec 10, 2022.
- Image-based Linux distributions: intro, concepts, updates, differences with other
- OS and kernel image formats
- Cross-distro specifications and standards (e.g.: https://uapi-group.org
- Trustable boot, device attestation, TPM usage and tooling
- A/B update implementations
as well as topics related to the above.
1. Go to https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM23/event/new
and fill in the proposal
If you don’t have an account yet, create one first.
2. In the submission form, make sure to select
Track: “Image-Based Linux and Secure/Measured Boot Devroom”
Event type: Presentation
Duration: 20 minutes
3. Add an abstract to both describe and to promote your talk.
4. Add / update your speaker bio at https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM23/person
Proposals will be accepted based on your abstract and speaker bio, please make sure both
are in good shape!
For the latest updates on this devroom keep an eye on: