Yes, definitely the questions and email address. Also something along the lines of:
Please note that this is a part time volunteer position.
And then later on:
Remember that this is NOT a paid position.
I would hate for people to apply thinking it was a paid position.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tyler Golden" <tgolden(a)redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 12:05:31 PM
Subject: Re: Announcement(Fedora Magazine Post)
Will we add how they should submit their applications?
To apply for the position, please answer the following questions and send
your responses and a CV (or link to your online profile) to
1. Why do you believe diversity and inclusion are important for Fedora?
2. Why do you want to serve as Fedora’s Diversity & Inclusion Advisor?
3. What specific minority group(s) or issues can you offer insight about?
What perspectives, experiences, or knowledge about diversity and inclusion
could you share with the Fedora community?
4. Do you have experience working across various cultures? (Cross cultural
refers to various geographies, cultural groups, etc.)
5. To give us further insight, feel free to provide names and contact
information for up to three people who can speak to your passion, interest,
or experience with diversity and inclusion.
From: "Amita Sharma" <amsharma(a)redhat.com>
To: diversity(a)lists.fedoraproject.org, diversity-app(a)lists.fedoraproject.org
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:09:41 AM
Subject: Announcement(Fedora Magazine Post)
This is the draft announcement(Fedora Magazine Post), which is
essentially the Role Description. Please let me know if any thing needs
to be added or modified.
It will be great if you can give your feedback by Monday(29 June) morning.
Topic :: Call for applications for Fedora Diversity Advisor (A Volunteer
Fedora is a big community that includes contributors and users from
many different countries, each with their own experiences and
historical backgrounds that contribute to a diverse mix of cultural,
educational, and behavioral norms. To continuously create and foster an
inclusive environment in the Fedora community, it's important to
respond to the needs of existing contributors and users, and welcome
new contributors and users from diverse backgrounds.
The Fedora Diversity Advisor Search team is looking for a Fedora
Diversity Advisor (A Volunteer Position) to act as a source of support
and information for all contributors and users, especially those from
underrepresented populations, so that issues of inclusion and equity
can be discussed and addressed with the planning of multiculturalism and
* Implement diversity efforts that will have a big effect on the
* Promote inclusion in the Fedora community
* Act as a source of support and a mediator should there be any
concerns or incidents
To achieve the above you will work with Fedora community members to
identify which of the following and other strategies would be most
effective and feasible, and help implement them:
* Increasing visibility of minority contributors and users through
talks, feature articles, and awards
* Making explicit invitations and providing financial support to
attend conferences and give talks
* Helping develop skills by offering targeted workshops and internships
* Creating a welcoming environment by adopting and enforcing codes of
* Fostering communication, networking, and support forums with mailing
lists and in-person events
* Knowledge of and experience in working with historically
* Excellent written communications skills, demonstrated through blog
posts or other written work
* Understanding of and experience in open source communities
* Ability to communicate at a moderate technical level about open
* Experience in similar roles in your past is a significant advantage
* Experience writing grants is a plus
NOTE :: Last date of submission of application is July 31, 2015 And
It is a volunteer position.
Looking forward to a great participation.
Thanks & Regards,
diversity mailing list
Manager, Global Talent Delivery
Products & Technology
diversity mailing list
Rain Leander, RHCE <rain(a)redhat.com>
Technical Account Manager
mobile: +31 (0)62 189 1501
office: +31 (0)20 565 1200
Supporting success. Exceeding expectations.
Red Hat Customer Portal