On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 02:10 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
* It needs to be tested. The prototype is available for three
weeks now at http://sspreitzer.fedorapeople.org/torrents/
We will make an F14 dual layer version once live images of TC2
Three weeks this coming Thursday. It's still Monday here.
You mentioned on IRC that some testing has already been done; is there
any wiki page with the results or any other testing data available?
Some questions with my UX designer cap on:
- For the dual layer, how do you intend to help users understand which
side is which? (I'm guessing one side of the dual-layer is 32-bit, the
- Does the manufacturer have a way of labeling the full center plastic
ring or is it only just a narrow strip as with the SUSE discs?
- If only a thin plastic ring is available, do you have any idea from
the manufacturer on the character length limits of the label and a draft
of what you would have it say for each side? How about character length
limits for a wider center label?
- Are these going to be provided in a printed sleeve? If so, do you have
any mockups/designs/copy for the sleeve?
- What style sleeve - cardboard pocket or one with a plastic ring?
It seems since it would be printed dual-layer, it would be difficult to
provide a good label for the disc making the sleeve design even more
critical for identifying the disc and instructing users on how to use
* The (one and only) desktop (TM) must not be referred to as
"GNOME". We are not, please look at
GNOME is called "Fedora 14 Live" just like the ISO and is the
default selection. The only reference to the name GNOME is on
the filesystem. We will change this if it makes you happy.
I have a few concerns about the design of this menu:
- Does every item need to mention Fedora 13?
- Can the entire disk be verified with a single menu item?
- Could the names for each of the desktop items be a bit more
friendly and readable?
E.g., rather than this, which I think is a little overwhelming to read:
* Verify and Boot Fedora-13-i686-Live
* Verify and Boot Fedora-13-i686-Live-KDE
* Verify and Boot Fedora-13-i686-Live-LXDE
* Verify and Boot Fedora-13-i686-Live-XFCE
Could it maybe instead read like this, which I think is a bit more approachable:
* Boot Fedora Live
* Boot Fedora Live KDE
* Boot Fedora Live LXDE
* Boot Fedora Live XFCE
* Verify media
Can we now please get the formal approval for the media? We cannot
afford to loose another week because we want the media available for the
F14 release events.
Board members, could we add this to the agenda on Thursday 21 Oct? We
were going to meet at 2 pm to discuss the codenames, right?
Otherwise, it could be added to next Monday's (25 Oct) agenda. I'm not
sure if it's possible to approve a trademark request without quorum, or
over the mailing list? (Can any old-timer board members verify if this
is or is not the case?)