because of previous incompatibility with xfce4-power-manager-settings
and /etc/systemd/logind.conf, I've disabled every action in logind.conf
by setting things to ignore.
Yesterday, I've finally managed to comment that out and set things
properly in xfce4-power-manager-settings as desired.
Here is what I want and what I have set in the
xfce4-power-manager-settings (except using slock, because there is no
option for used screen lock):
- When I am not connected to AC and I close the lid, lock the screen
(with slock), but do not suspend/hibernate/whatever. When I am
connected, do not lock.
- When pressed any of the buttons poweroff/suspend/hibernate, ask for
- When suspending/hibernate, lock the screen with slock.
Here is, what really happens:
- Closing lid and using slock to lock the screen (only without AC) works
- When I press poweroff or suspend button, I am only asked sometimes,
sometimes nothing happens. (When I change the action from Ask to
Suspend, it works the same, only goes to suspend sometimes, sometimes
- When going to suspend and wake up, screen is unlocked.
- When I open the lid when suspended, PC wakes up (as expected), but
goes to suspend immediately again, but when I wake up for the second
time, it's not going again to suspend, it's not an infinite loop.
Basicaly, I have to wake up twice (open the lid, wake up, suspend, press
power on, wake up).
I'm using Fedora 18 64bit on Lenovo Thinpad X230. I have no idea, what's
wrong, or whom to report this.
Thanks for any help.