Now that we have room on our Xfce Live DVD and
I have had a bunch of experience with the Live
DVD this week at customer sites, I would like to
humbly request the inclusion of the follow packages.
I have to test printers all the time. And no one
will upgrade to Linux if I can't show them their
printer will work. And it is a lot easier to use
than 127.0.0.1:631 (tip: you need to give root
a password to get cups to work)
Need a full function browser. The one that comes
with Live DVD burps on certain sites
Need to take screenshots and make annotations for
documentation, especially when working on routers
And if you are still speaking to me:
Needed for printer support
needed to recover M$ Office documents from
corrupted Windows disks. And to demonstrate that
if they upgrade to Linux, they don't need M$ Office.
And they can play with it to see if they like it
Thank you for your consideration,
Computers are like air conditioners.
They malfunction when you open windows
this new release of xfwm includes a feature, which adds previews to the
Alt-Tab cycling, like for example Windows 7. As far as I know this is an
build time option and I thought we could discuss if we would like to
enable it in fedora or not.
Don't know if you could disable it in the settings, when it's available.
I installed it from the copr Xfce 4.11 repo, but I think it's disabled
in this build, or?
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: ANNOUNCE: xfwm4 4.11.3 released
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 19:35:36 +0100
From: Olivier Fourdan <fourdan(a)xfce.org>
Reply-To: Xfce general discussion list <xfce(a)xfce.org>
xfwm4 4.11.3 is now available for download from
What is xfwm4?
Xfce's window manager.
Release notes for 4.11.3
[Please note that this is a development release.]
- Add a zoom_desktop xfconf setting
- Add corner tiling
- Add support for extended XSync counter
- Add support for GTK frame extents
- Add support for GTK hide titlebar on maximize
- Add support for NET_WM_STATE_FOCUSED
- Add titleless maximization feature
- Allow color substitution in themerc
- Allow cycling during drag'n drop
- Allow shadow under dock ARGB windows
- Allow tiling and workspace wrap on move
- Changed wireframe to cairo drawing when using the compositor
- Fix cycle vs. focus follow mouse
- Fix fullscreen mode not working correctly for QT apps)
- Fix gravity on configure request
- Fix keyboard shortcuts after keyboard layout changes
- Fix maximizing when window is tiled vertically or horizontally
- Fix maximum host name length.
- Fix opacity being reset on theme change
- Fix reparenting with compositor
- Fix selection with mouse in multi-monitor alt-tab dialog
- Fix size increment
- Limit parallel pointer moves before wrapping
- New default window decoration themes (including HDPI and xHDPI)
- On canceled move, restore all maximizations states
- Optionally remove frame on tiling as well
- Optionnally use window preview in tabwin
- Prevent CSD windows from being moved too far up
- Remove horizontal tyling on move
- Remove maximize button from non-resizable windows
- Remove restore-on-move option
- Send debug messages to a log file
- Update desktop geometry on xrandr events
- Use cairo wireframe for move/resize
- Use correct type on platforms where time_t is 64bits like OpenBSD
- Use source indication in activate window
- Use the correct drm/dri device on OpenBSD
- Workaround for NET_WORKAREA with multimonitor
- Lot of translations updates (ast, bg, cs, da ,de, en_AU, es, fi, fr,
he ,hr ,hu, id, it, ja ,kk, ko, ms ,nl, pl, pt_BR, ru ,sr ,th, tr,
Xfce mailing list
Just FYI the Xfce badge is live in fedora badges now.
I awarded it to some folks I know are active in the Fedora Xfce sig.
If you are a Xfce user/package maintainer and would like the badge:
* Make sure you are listed on the Fedora Xfce sig page:
* Mail me directly asking for the badge.
I wasn't sure if everyone on the current sig page is active anymore, so
I would prefer folks who are to mail me. ;)
Thanks and happy Xfceing